These feelings are completely reasonable reactions to what is happening right now. You are not alone! Learn what to do if you’re anxious or worried about coronavirus (COVID-19) from Anxiety Canada.
The federal government has launched the Wellness Together Canada online portal to help Canadians get connected to FREE mental health and substance use support, resources and counselling with a mental health professional.
For immediate crisis support
- Adults text WELLNESS to 741741
- Frontline workers text FRONTLINE to 741741
- Youth can text WELLNESS to 686868
Call 911 if you are in immediate danger or need urgent medical support.
BC is expanding mental health services and creating new programs. Go HERE for help finding virtual mental health support during COVID-19.
Here are some more resources to help you cope:
- Here to Help BC: COVID 19 and Anxiety
- Kids Help Phone (call them at 1-800-668-6868)
- Managing COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety & Depression
- Mental Health and Substance Use Supports in BC
- QCHAT (LGBTQ2S youth line): 1-855-956-1777 (6 to 9pm Mon-Wed)
- Here2Talk (free mental health support for all BC post-secondary students)
- Crisis Centre
- Anywhere in BC 1-800-SUICIDE: 1-800-784-2433
- Mental Health Support Line: 310-6789
- Vancouver Coastal Regional Distress Line: 604-872-3311
- Sunshine Coast/Sea to Sky: 1-866-661-3311
- Seniors Distress Line: 604-872-1234
- Online Chat Service for Youth: www.YouthInBC.com (Noon to 1am)
- Online Chat Service for Adults: www.CrisisCentreChat.ca (Noon to 1am)
For Indigenous Peoples, Hope for Wellness provides emotional support and crisis intervention to all Indigenous peoples across Canada. You can call to connect with a counsellor. On request, phone counselling is also available in: Cree, Ojibway, Inuktitut. Help Line: 1-855-242-3310 or www.hopeforwellness.ca
The BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres (BCAAFC) has a comprehensive list of COVID-19 Coronavirus financial, health, and wellness resources.
Call the KUU-US Crisis Response Service at 1-800-588-8717 for culturally-aware crisis support for Indigenous peoples in B.C.