Skip to main content

What supports are available once I have reached the maximum 28 weeks of CERB?

28, 04-2021

The deadline to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit has now passed.

Canadians already receiving benefits through Service Canada will be transitioned to the EI program once they have received the maximum CERB benefits for which they are entitled, if they are EI eligible and continue to need income support. Canadians who are currently receiving the CERB from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) who believe they are entitled to EI will need to apply through Service Canada

The government has also introduced enhanced measures to help Canadians access EI. Workers must have 120 insurable hours to qualify. Those eligible will receive a minimum benefit rate of $400 per week for at least 26 weeks.

To learn more about the EI transition and enhancements, see Government of Canada.