The Canadian Government announced a number of programs designed to help businesses during the COVID-19 Coronavirus crisis, including:
- The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy for companies who experience a loss of revenue due to the outbreak may be eligible for a wage subsidy of up to 75%. This wage subsidy may be available to companies no matter how many employees they employ. Nonprofits are also eligible.
- Temporary 10% Wage Subsidy
- Extending the Work-Share Program
- Increasing access to credit
- Allowing businesses to defer paying income tax, GST, and customs duty payments
- Applications for the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) ended on October 30, 2020.
- Canadian businesses, non-profit organizations, or charities who have seen a drop in revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic may be eligible for the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy to cover part of their commercial rent or property expenses, starting on September 27, 2020, until June 2021.