The CERB applies to people who cannot work because of COVID-19 Coronavirus. That includes people who are unable to work because:
- They are sick from COVID-19 Coronavirus or in quarantine,
- They have to take care of others who are sick or in quarantine
- They have to take care of children or dependents whose usual care facility is closed because of COVID-19 Coronavirus
- You have been let go or your hours have been reduced because of COVID-19
- You are eligible for Employment Insurance regular or sickness benefits or have exhausted their Employment Insurance regular benefits or Employment Insurance fishing benefits between December 29, 2019 and October 3, 2020
If you voluntarily quit your job, you will not be eligible for these benefits. See the Canada Emergency Response Benefit for more information on eligibility and how to apply.