The BC Recovery Benefit is a one-time, tax-free payment of up to $1,000 for eligible families and single parents and up to $500 for eligible individuals. The Benefit is a one-time direct deposit payment for eligible families, single parents or individuals. Benefit eligibility is based on net income from your 2019 tax return. You must apply to receive the benefit. You have until June 30, 2021 to apply.
Families and single parents
- $1,000 for eligible families and single parents with a net income of up to $125,000
- Reduced benefit amount for eligible families and single parents with a net income of up to $175,000
- $500 for eligible individuals with a net income of up to $62,500
- Reduced benefit amount for eligible individuals with a net income of up to $87,500
Generally, the benefit is available to people:
- Who are residents of B.C. on December 18, 2020
- Who are at least 19 years old on December 18, 2020, or meet specific eligibility criteria
- Who filed a 2019 Canadian personal income tax return, or meet specific eligibility criteria
- Who have a valid social insurance number, individual tax number or temporary tax number
If you receive a payment and it is later determined that you’re not eligible for it, you will be required to repay it.
What you need to apply
- Net income from 2019 tax return
- Social insurance number
- Driver’s licence number, if you have one
- Mailing address
- Direct deposit information
Applications can be filed online, by phone and in-person. To learn more or to apply, visit the BC Recovery Benefit page.